Translate

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Welcome to my blog

Hello!  Welcome to my home. Settle into a comfy chair, pour a cup of tea and let's visit, share, encourage and support each other on our journey to adapting to a life of chronic pain.

The journey is an extremely difficult, painful and often a very lonely one. To look at us from the outside we appear to look so normal and healthy that others are not aware or understanding of the pain we face on a daily basis. When people ask me how I am, my reply is always "I'm fine". Because honestly, who really wants to know all about our aches and pains. (Besides, it would take too much time and effort on my part to give an honest answer.) But I'm NOT fine. Some days I just function better than others, but I usually pay a price for it.....like being in bed the next day or two to recover.

But here we don't have to hide behind our "happy face" masks. We can feel safe in being honest, because we truly understand each others sufferings.

I hope you will visit here often, share, be encouraged and most of all be blessed! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, share your thoughts, or leave a prayer request. Visit, share, be encouraged and be blessed!