Translate

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Joy Comes in the Mourning

Recently I've loss two of my dear friends, Catarina Murphy and Annie Dee Dill. These were strong, vibrant, Godly women who radiated with the love of God. They were so much more than just friends; my Sisters-in-Christ, prayer warriors, who were always encouraging others and where the inspiration for me to start this blog.

Catarina was always one to share anything she had. Her heart overflowed with love. She had this infectious child like excitement that spilled out and covered those around her. I miss her laugh and crazy "dancing in the aisles" in stores when we came across a great find. Cathy had diabetes, but it was her beautiful, loving heart that gave out and called her home to Heaven.

Annie radiated with the love of God She had bladder cancer. During this fight for life she allowed God to use her trails as a testimony to His goodness and grace. She was an invigorating,  passionate and inspirational woman of God. On Facebook she started a 'Fighting Cancer' site where she shared her heart as she wrote about her battle  so she could encouraged others to continue the fight with hope.

There passing has left a great void in this world, but I take comfort in knowing that we will be reunited in heaven with them one day.
"God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted." ~ Matthew 5:4 (NLT)
"I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands." ~ Psalm 63:4 (NIV)

Jesus Culture has a song called Rooftops. I can see these dear ladies with their hands held high in worship singing the lyrics "I am yours God, I will lift up my hands and praise you.  Here is the video link:
http://youtu.be/OOxcJZcwE6s 

The lessons that they taught me included the reminder that joy does come in the morning (mourning). Remembering their laughter and joy, makes you want to do the happy dance.

There is a song called Restoration and written by David Brymer.  His beautiful lyrics say: " You've taken my pain and You call me by a new name. You've taken my shame and in its place, you give me joy. You take my mourning, turn it into dancing. You take my weeping, turn it into laughing. You take my mourning, turn it into dancing. You take my sadness, turn it into joy."

Here is the video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LcyQOLVS

Joel Osteen said to: "Celebrate other people's victories. Let their successes inspire you. If God did Something wonderful for them, He can do it for you."

Today's thought: What inspires you? Where do you find your source for inspiration? 

May God take your mourning, and turn it into dancing. Take your weeping and turn it into laughter.Turn your sadness into joy. I'll be practicing my moves until my time comes  for dancing with the stars, Catarina and Annie, when we meet again in heaven. Love and miss you both! <3

Blessing! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, share your thoughts, or leave a prayer request. Visit, share, be encouraged and be blessed!